Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Prayers Answered...A Thank You

A year ago I asked my blog readers and Facebook friends for prayers for a little premature grandson. He was born at 27 weeks gestation after a difficult pregnancy (his mother’s water broke at 16 weeks and she was on bed rest until he arrived).

When born he weighed only a pound. His lungs were underdeveloped and he needed help breathing. Over the next several weeks his parents were called to the hospital four times because both his lungs collapsed and he was not expected to make it. But the little guy was a fighter! And I think those prayers helped.

I mean really. Because soon after I asked for them, and so many of you sent words of help and support, he began to improve.

He got stronger. Doctors removed the chest tubes and he started to breathe on his own. He also began to eat on his own.

He is now over a year old actual, and not quite a year from when his due date should have been.

And he is bright, happy, and doing great!

Thank you!

6 comments:

  1. That's wonderful news, Tali! He's a beautiful little boy. :)

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Look at all that hair! Just like his father at that age. :)

      Delete
  2. What a cutie pie! It's wonderful to hear he's doing so well. My family had a similar situation with my great-niece. She was born 3 months early and only weighed 3 pounds. Now she's 4, in preschool and doing great. The advances in neonatal care and early intervention services are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lynette! A year ago I told my son what you had said about your little one. He needed that bit of hope. The nurses too told him of many preemies who survived and did well. Baby Boy was behind for a little while and is still catching up in a few areas, but doctors say he will soon be running right along with the rest of the pack! It really is amazing what medicine can do for these little ones now. I was quite impressed with the NICU and the staff there.

      Delete
  3. What great news and so happy for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I would have said more all along, but my son is very private and requested I not post details or pics from the hospital. He just recently said I could post an update for everyone. :) The little guy has been home for a bit, though. *laugh*

      Delete