Friday, April 10, 2015

Giant Spiders and Other Links

Okay, so the giant spiders are fictional. But it's great fun to hear Angel Martinez reading an excerpt from my story "Well Hello, Eight Eyes" on her blog. Check it out!

Also, here's the video that inspired the spider side of Cory. It's an adorable jumping spider doing a mating dance. If you're squeamish, though, click out right after the males fold up their displays. Female spiders are treacherous.

[photo credit: Jurgen Otto]

Moving on... slippers. I live in them. Well, not all the time. But in winter I must have warm fuzzy slippers to keep my tootsies toasty. Which is why I stopped to admire these...



But ultimately ended up buying these...


And yes, I'm hiding them from Vorgell.

6 comments:

  1. Cute slippers, Tali. And the spider video was very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That video really grabbed me. I don't usually find spiders cute. But that one is adorable. :)

      Delete
  2. LOL. "...I'm hiding them from Vorgell." :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The peacock spider video was amazing and I've never seen such a colorful spider before this video/photo. Too bad about the female eating the male. Really cute unicorn slippers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And she's not even fussy about which male she eats! Poor guys have it rough. :-/ My dog doesn't know what to make of those slippers. But she thinks I'm weird anyway. LOL

      Delete