Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Reason I've Been Not Around

A few people have asked why I’ve missed posting new installments of RATTLETRAP. Right when the action is about to go up a notch, too. Space battle! Penetrative sex! Good stuff.

There will be a new installment next week after I get back from Cleveland. Jedd and Ussim’s story is a fun one and I’m excited about returning to them. Writing is great for escape, too!

As for reasons… my reason for being in Cleveland is emotionally draining. My oldest son Mike the Conqueror and his wife had a baby, and the situation isn’t good. Mother’s water broke at 16 weeks and she was on bed rest. The baby grew without amniotic fluid, which meant he was born—last month, at 27 weeks—with underdeveloped lungs. He’s on a ventilator and both lungs have collapsed numerous times. We’re not sure he’s going to make it but he’s fighting hard and is getting the very best medical care. He’s just so very tiny! He weighed just over a pound when born and now weighs nearly three pounds, but he’s still one very small human being.

Maybe you’ve noticed by now that I’m a private person, which is why I haven’t talked much about this outside of a few friends. I still won’t be all over Facebook or Twitter, but anyone who reads my blog or my work counts as a friend. If you read this and you have prayers to give for my little grandson, they would be appreciated. 

23 comments:

  1. Praying for your family, especially the fighting little babe. Take care of yourself. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also sending my prayers to your entire family. Hold tight to one another.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're holding on tight and hoping for the best. Thank you! <3

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks, Michelle. You've been a good friend all through this! *hugs*

      Delete
  4. I can't even imagine going through something like that. The fighting spirit in those little ones is amazing. Keeping my fingers crossed and saying a prayer for you all.//Puppilull

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is amazing how tenaciously he's clinging to life. He really wants it! Thank you so much for your prayers! <3

      Delete
  5. I'm sorry to hear that. Sending prayers and thoughts to you and your family, especially to your grandson. Take care of yourself

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I'm back now and the baby is doing much better! I'm sure your prayers helped. *hugs*

      Delete
  6. Oh, honey. All hopes that the little one will keep fighting the fight. Don't forget to take care of yourself while you're taking care of your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's still fighting, Kathy. :D Has his breathing tube out and we're crossing our fingers he continues to do well.

      Delete
  7. So sorry to read about this happening. My thoughts and prayers are with your grandson, family and you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your prayers. So far they're working! :D

      Delete
  8. I'm sorry. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Take care of yourself and don't think of us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I do think of you all. I can't really help that. *hug* But the little guy needed me, and everyone's prayers. I'm hoping that from here on he keeps getting better!

      Delete
  9. I'm sorry to hear this. I will keep all of you in my heart and am sending healing thoughts. Please take care of your family and yourself. ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Little miracles, as they say. So far he is doing better and we hope it continues. Thanks so much for thinking of him and sending those healing thoughts. Seriously, my son and his wife are very thankful. *hugs*

      Delete
  10. From all of us at The House That Love Built, we offer positive energy and prayers for the small one and for all of the larger ones, too. If you need anything give me a holler; I live in that neck o' the woods.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Wicked! *hug* If I hadn't been running ragged in Cleveland, I would have hit you up for lunch. But I spent almost all my time at the hospital. We really appreciate the prayers! They matter, I think. The little one is getting better. :D

      Delete
  11. So much love being sent to the whole family, especially baby. I'll be keeping everyone in my thoughts and hoping for all the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How sweet, and thank you! All the love has been felt, be sure of it. The little guy got better while we were there. Yay! He's still fragile and we're hoping for more good news, but he's definitely improved. *hugs*

      Delete
  12. I realized I missed last week and back tracked only to find this post. All I can say is I hope your little guy continues to improve. You have all of us here sending well wishes and positive thoughts.

    **Giant hugs for you and your family**

    ReplyDelete