Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Cover Reveal: The Last Cannoli

Okay, so I’ve been spending a lot of time in hospitals and doctor offices lately (long story) but I’m just about finished writing my story for the Goodreads M/M Romance group’s Love’s Landscapes event. And being as I am an unapologetic cover ho, I decided to have a cover made for The Last Cannoli.

I asked the talented Adrienne Wilder (read her books... seriously, you must) if she could design one for me and she agreed. Thank you, Adrienne!

Here’s the cover and a preliminary blurb:


After marketing ace Sean is kicked to the curb by his business partner, he quits the rat race and takes a part-time job at Dippolito’s Italian Bakery. The job is everything he loves—busy, rewarding, and honest—especially the boss, Joe Dippolito, whose hard working family made its reputation with the town’s most delicious cannoli. Sean knows he can use his serious marketing skills and connections to help the bakery make a bigger name for itself, but Joe wants nothing of it. His bakery already has all the business it can handle.

Learning Joe is gay puts the icing on the cake and a passionate kiss during a snow storm leads to enough hot steamy sex to convince Sean he’s found a man he can love for the rest of his life. But Sean puts them on a collision course when he signs Dippolito’s up for the glitzy and prestigious Philly Cannoli Festival against an archrival from the bakery’s hidden past. Can Sean pull out a victory when the Dippolito family declares a cannoli war?

~~~~~~~~~~~~

So…

What do you think? I don’t write many contemporaries, but I thought I’d try my hand at this one. The story will be a free read on Goodreads and will later appear as a free single on AllRomance and Smashwords. (At least, that’s the way I understand it.)


8 comments:

  1. First I have to say that I'm so excited to read this story! It sounds yummy :)

    Now onto the cover... I thought it fit the blurb you have us here, and the one from before too. The colors are a good shade, the fonts go well together, and the background behind the guys is very pretty (it inspires the reader to picture this quaint and cute little shop... And it kinda makes me wanna go there, lol).

    The guys... Definitely cuties and good profiles of each. The only thing I can say is that the fact that the guy in the black shirt is looking over at the one in white, we can't see his eyes very well. And I have to say I'm a stickler for the eyes! So maybe if he was slightly turned instead, we could see those gorgeous peepers even better :) And I'm not sure about the expression on his face... But since I don't know character personalities yet, I can't really say too much about if it fits him or the story.

    Other than that I really liked it and it would be the kind of cover that would make me pick it up (if I hadn't already read the blurbs you've posted and been hooked already, hehehe).

    ~Naughty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks Naughty. I'll be posting more teasers from this one. :) there's a bit of mischief in Sean and I hope you soon see that too!

      Delete
  2. Sounds really interesting, can't wait to read it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun story, especially the hot steamy sex part. ;-) I'd love to beta read it if you want to send it my way.
    J--

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm writing the final scenes early this coming week. And then I will be hunting betas. :) You're on the list!

      Delete
  4. I loved Thick as Thieves, but this sounds very cute (it doesn't hurt that cannoli is my favorite and I even made it once). If you are taking random people as beta readers, sign me up (I edit professionally, if that matters).

    skadlec1@yahoo.vom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How did I miss this? Yes! I will be looking for beta readers next week. I'm finishing up right now. :) Thank you!

      Delete