Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Wednesday Briefs: Uncool #4

Welcome to Wednesday Briefs, a blog hop where authors post 500-1000 words of free flash fiction. I am serializing a story, so this post continues with Carson, who found heaven of sorts in bondage on Christmas Eve… only to slam to earth on Christmas morning when he found out the mysterious dom responsible has connections to his painful past. I couldn’t leave something like that hanging, now, could I?

This week’s prompts are: “Are you kidding me?” or “Here, kitty, kitty,” or “He stretched in a low feline fashion” or “He was gone for a month before it really sank in...” or “How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?” or use: a ruler, a bag and an urn or feature some sort of dance in your story or “What did you call me?” or “kill ‘em with kindness” or “Hit me with your best shot” or “I wished the earth would open up and swallow me whole.” I went with “Are you kidding me?” 

Want to read the story of Carson’s first meeting with the mysterious “Sir”? You can read “Unwrapped” here. The chapters are linked.


Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Uncool #4


Jase was still clad in green, though he’d ditched the booby-trap mistletoe hat and goofy shoes. He stood in front of the tree like something out of “Elf” and eyed me with surprise.

“Stewart just left to find you!”

“I know.” I raced up three flights of stairs to the guest room and started changing into better street clothes. The icy, soggy slippers were the first thing to go. From now on, warm socks would top my annual Christmas list.

Jase stepped through the doorway and flashed his cell phone. “You’re not going to get far. I called him back.”

Fuck modern technology. Of course he’d called Stewart. I plopped heavily onto the bed to put on the socks. “Traitor.”

“I had to tell him. No way I’m putting my balls in a vise for lying on your behalf.” Cock and ball torture was one of Stewart’s preferred modes of punishing his slave. Jase plunked his green velvet ass beside mine. “You didn’t see him when you ran out, Carson. He’s worried sick. He didn’t know you’d go off like that. Are you okay? Because if you are, you have to let him know that.”

“And if I’m not?”

“Let him know that, too.”

“I guess I will, then.” I stood to tug on a pair of jeans, then sat back down to put on my winter walking boots. Best thing about living in the city was I could walk or run anywhere I needed to go. I could be anybody or nobody. The anonymity was fantastic.

“He tried—”

“He tried shit. The man who won me for the night was one of the assholes who fucked over my father. Stewart knew that!” The long-sleeved shirt I was trying to pull over my head wasn’t cooperating. Even my clothes were against me. “Screw this!”

Then my head popped through the neck and there was Jase, looking down at me with so much damn understanding I couldn’t stand it. He’d even helped tug down the damn shirt. “Maybe there’s more to it,” he said. “Did you stop long enough to think of that?”

“Are you kidding me? I—”

“Do you trust Stewart or not?”

“At the moment? Not.” I kicked aside my discarded clothes. “Where’s my damn backpack?”

“You don’t have to leave.”

“I’m leaving.”

“Where are you going?”

“I don’t know. Not my place. That asshole might know where I live. Maybe I can hide out with Lenie for a few days.”

“She probably went home for the holiday.”

“Nah. Her family lives in Drexel Hill. They do the family thing on Christmas Eve. It’s not like she left town or anything. She’s expecting me sometime today anyway.” It would still be a good idea to call her first, before I walked all the way over to University City. But I didnt say that because I wanted Jase to think I actually had a plan. Id just hefted my backpack onto my shoulder when I heard boots on the stairs.

“Carson?” Stewart stopped in the hallway outside my door. He didn’t bother to look in. “Come to the playroom.”

I never disobeyed a direct order, not from him. After shooting a withering look at Jase, I followed. Stewart’s playroom was where we held most of our talks about our ‘agreement’ or issues related to it. For one thing, within those walls Stewart was Master and I… wasn’t.

The playroom was on the top floor of the five story townhouse. Back in the day, most of the floor had been a ballroom, but Stewart had converted the space so there was a spacious sitting room and large bath as well as the playroom. He’d outfitted that room with anti-fatigue flooring, padded and soundproofed walls, and specialized furniture and equipment for the scenes he liked to perform. The mounting chair was especially eye-catching, all sleek metal and red leather. He’d never used it with me, though. For me he preferred to make use of the St. Andrew’s crosses.

I put my bag down as soon as I entered. I then walked to the center of the room and knelt within the circle described by yellow paint in front of a single black leather chair.

I waited in position, head bent and hands on my thighs, until Stewart settled into the chair. Dread pumped through my veins, causing my anger to collapse like ash. Stewart had a slave, a man he loved… he didn’t have to put up with me or my issues. Jase had asked if I trusted Stewart, and the answer kicked me in the gut. I did trust him. And more than that, I needed him. Hearing his voice instilled calm.

“I could punish you, you know.”

“Yes, sir.”

“I could also terminate our agreement.” He paused, perhaps to see if I flinched. If so, I satisfied him. “But so could you, given what happened last night. Do you want to end our relationship?”

His control of the conversation reassured me by providing structure for my confusion. I drew a deep breath before I answered. “No. But I need to understand why you let that man near me.”

“Fair enough.” He took a while before he continued, long enough that I glanced at him and saw something unexpected. Stewart looked conflicted. “I can’t answer for Bradley. That’s the first thing I need for you to understand. He’s his own man, and he’s not good at taking orders. I instructed him to back off and I thought he’d done that. He was just waiting for the right moment. As far as The Club and the party”—now he looked exasperated—“you signed up, remember? We talked about the downsides. You knew you would have to go with whoever won. I knew this, too. We agreed you could take part. Bradley simply took advantage of the opportunity. He wanted a night with you, and he got it.”

“Sir—”

“In a minute, Carson. There’s more you need to know.”


Copyright © 2014 Tali Spencer
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All of the Wednesday Briefers have great stories to offer this week, so check them out!

4 comments:

  1. Ahhhhhhh!!!!! Not nearly enough. I seriously won't be able to wait until next Wed to find out the 'more' Carson needs to know! You are a tease... and a good one at that! I am loving this story :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's that 1000 word limit! I struggle with that. :( But I promise the whole story will be worth the wait. I'm attempting to learn "build up". :)

      Delete
  2. I can't believe you stopped there! I can't wait for next Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I always fret about maybe not delivering enough story as I practice my build up. :)

      Delete