Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Going Under the Robot

I’ve been kind of quiet lately on social media and on this blog. There’s a reason for that. It’s not that I’m not writing… in fact, I’m writing quite a lot. I’ve got stories boiling over on every back burner. Unfortunately, I have also been going to the doctor quite a lot. A few doctors.

A serious medical problem reared its ugly head late last month and I have been busy taking care of it. In fact, I’m having surgery on Friday. It’s a major surgery and I don’t fully know what my situation will be until I come out of it. The good news in all this is that everyone involved—my doctors and the surgeon—thinks the prognosis will be excellent.

As for me… I’m more fascinated by my ally in taking down my body.

A robot.

Here’s a picture of the kind of operating room robot my surgeon will be using to minimize the trauma of surgery (there’s always trauma when the body is invaded and parts removed) and my pain afterward. Tell me that’s not cool! It also looks like it would make a great torture device...

So that’s where I will be on Friday—under the robot. Sounds kinky, doesn’t it?

If you’re a reader of this blog and are enjoying my Wednesday Briefs BDSM story, “Uncool,” you won’t miss a beat… because I have written ahead, wrapped up the story, and have scheduled all those posts. So even if the surgery and recovery keep me away from the computer, the blog will continue to post the rest of “Uncool.”

Though I tend to be stoic, I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t anxious. If you have any thoughts or prayers to send my way, I would appreciate them.

And as soon as I’ve recovered a bit, I’ll be back with reports on how things went between me and that robot!

8 comments:

  1. I'll be thinking of you and sending you lots of prayers. I'll keep my fingers crossed that everything will go fine and that you won't have to stay in the hospital for long.

    {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks Chris! {{{{hugs back}}}} I'll let you know as soon as I can use my phone. :)

      Delete
  2. Sending lots of positive, healing energy and prayers. I hope everything goes well and that you have a great recovery!

    Peace, love and light,
    Yael

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. {{{{hugs}}}} Your words mean more than you know. :)

      Delete
  3. Oh my, Ms Tali. May God, whomever you believe her to be, keep her hand on your shoulder this Friday, and may she keep you cradled in her hands both before and after. I'll be looking for your posts to be sure you're going strong.
    Kathy C

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kathy. I'll post again as soon as I'm able. Most likely first on Twitter or Facebook, but here the moment I can. {{{{hugs}}}}

      Delete
  4. Oh, Tali, you don't even need to ask for them. The moment you mentioned doctors, I started sending all my best and healing thoughts your way, and I'll continue through Friday and as you recover.

    You are so sweet to even think of your readers at a time like this. I know I love to be distracted by stories when I'm not feeling well, so I'm so glad that you've got so many words keeping you busy.

    May you be taken care of in every way possible to minimize the pain and to continue on to being healthy. I look forward to hearing from you after the (successful!) surgery, whenever you feel up to it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck. I've had two major surgeries and the worst part for me was going without food and coffee. My prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete