Saturday, September 14, 2013

My Sexy Saturday: Captive Heart

Sometimes a stranger can awaken feelings one has only imagined. I’m partial to such scenes and, well, I’ve decided to share the scene from Captive Heart where virginal princess Julissa gets to know Gaspar, the conquering emperor intent on a night of passion.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Helpless, unable to flee a tent guarded by soldiers, far less a camp filled with them, Julissa closed her eyes and prayed for Garmael to illuminate her path.

“Don’t,” Gaspar said. He continued to hold her, his voice a rich vibration upon air that was suddenly too warm, too close. “I must see your eyes.”

She looked up at him, then, and was glad he did not look cruel. His right hand moved to her face, his fingers brushing her cheek. That touch and the provocative hazel of his eyes awakened a heat that poured into her lips and filled the secret wells of her body.

“Chasca, defend me,” she whispered, invoking for a second time the Uttoran protector of virgins.

“Too late for that,” Gaspar said.

He was so near she could no longer see his eyes or the angles of his face. His lips pressed against her hair, traveled to her cheek, his nose caressing her ear to create a cascade of shivers.

“Besides,” his warm voice murmured, “my ancestor suckled at Chasca’s teat and became divine. She’s quite partial to my family. She has us to thank for all her temples.”

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If you'd like to read more, there's a link in the sidebar to an excerpt from a bath scene in a later chapter.

And if you'd like to visit more sexy Saturday snippets, check out the many other writers in this blog hop. 



3 comments:

  1. I love this story! Of course, this snippet makes me want to break out my nook to read again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very tempting. I may have to just pick this book up. Such a tease you are.

    Dakota

    ReplyDelete