Saturday, July 27, 2013

My Sexy Saturday

Welcome to my second Sexy Saturday. For this hop, authors post 7 paragraphs, or 7 sentences, or 7 words. This can be from a WIP or something published. Last week I did something published. 

This week I decided to preview something from my just completed WIP, Adored. The book is M/F and takes place in the Uttor series that includes Captive Heart and Dangerous Beauty. It's the romance of Vallmer, prince of a war-threatened country determined to secure a safe, political bride... and the pregnant, absolutely unsuitable princess he cannot resist.

Enjoy! And please visit the other blogs in the Sexy Saturday Blog Hop.


Adored


Adora laughed again, but the sound was warm, embracing. “You know, sex doesn’t have to be impolite. It’s a little undignified, but—”

“Which is why it is private.”

“Yes,” she agreed, and cocked her head, reassessing him. “Yes, it is.”

“Why are we talking about this?”

“You tell me.”

Now that would be dangerous. They were talking about sex because she made him think of it. “I suppose because I feel I can talk with you about anything, anything at all. And because I feel this way, you can steer me into any conversation you wish.”

Her smile beckoned him to thoughts he would do better to avoid. “Are you calling me artful, Prince Vallmer?”

“I am calling you fascinating.”


4 comments:

  1. Hi Tali,
    This is the first time I've seen My Sexy Saturdays. Very fun.

    I noticed something in the above paragraphs that I remember from The Prince of Winds. After she says, "You tell me" the next paragraph has the narrator tell us his state of mind, which is his real answer. But then he answers differently. A good trick. I'll be stealing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This indeed is a fun hop. I'm enjoying the different levels o sexiness...and playful banter like yours ranks right up there. So glad I decided to join in this week.
    Dakota

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhhh!! I am flailing! I have been waiting for Adora's story for sooooo long! I'm so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excited for Adora's story! Great preview!

    ReplyDelete