Monday, May 6, 2013

Thick as Thieves: Have Blurb, Will Promo

Though it seems an Ice Age has passed since I subbed Thick as Thieves and it got picked up for publication, things at long last are starting to come to a boil. First, Thick as Thieves now has an official blurb:

After Vorgell the barbarian fucks himself with a unicorn horn, he ends up in a cell with Maddog, a pretty young thief. It’s lust at first sight for Vorgell—but honestly, he can’t help it. Unicorn horn is a potent aphrodisiac, and now he can’t stop thinking about sex. Luckily, Madd is one male witch who knows how to put Vorgell’s new magical body to good use when he tricks Vorgell into a kiss that helps them escape.

Vorgell may desire sex in general—and Madd in particular—but Madd has no intention of being screwed by a man twice his size. He has problems of his own, including an enchanted collar that causes him to desire his most hated enemy. He wants that collar off as soon as possible, but that requires stealing a basilisk egg from the castle they just escaped.

Drawn together by lust and magic, the two men join forces and soon find themselves up to their necks in witches, wizards, and trouble. Vorgell and Madd might just be perfect for each other, but first they have to survive long enough to find out.


Also, I just finished the first round of edits, and I have to say it was a delight to revisit this book. It's still the most fun I've ever had writing, and I've even been encouraged by the editor to consider writing more books in this world. How fun is that? Not to mention I nearly killed my editor with adorableness, certainly a first for me. Here's a picture of the kind of adorableness involved.



What all this means for me is I soon get to embark on my least favorite part of being a published author. That's right. Although I don't have a release date just yet, July/August is coming soon and I'll soon be promoting the book. What this means for readers who have not already hit the click button... cover reveal, excerpts, and numerous giveaways of both ebooks and paperbacks. I also hope to entertain and inform through a series of guest blog posts about magic, basilisks, unicorns, buddy novels, sword and sorcery as a genre, and Crosby and Hope Road movies.

I'll provide links here during the tour so anyone who wants to follow along can easily find me. I mean, you really want to find out more about unicorn horns!


3 comments:

  1. Well, I'm definitely interested in reading about unicorn horns and whatever else you come up with.

    The picture is adorable!

    Also, you're welcome to be a guest on my blog any time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chris. You're on! Do you have any dates in July or August? Oh, and if there's a topic listed above that you want, the only one taken is the one about Road movies. If you like baby animals, I have a cute little basilisk I can write about. :D

      Delete
    2. Tali, just sent you an e-mail. Oh, and how could I resist a baby basilisk? ^_^

      Delete