Thursday, April 4, 2013

Going Deep

My writing has its own rhythm. It ebbs and flows much like the tides. Sometimes the writing pulls back and I have time to probe the tide pools and ponder critters or the shapes of things around me. But when the words come in and the story rises to flood level... I write. 

Right now I'm writing. It's a good place to be. I don't have time for much else except my husband, The World's Most Understanding Man. I hope he doesn't stop by to leave a comment that I'm neglecting him too. I make a point to call my mother. Everything else is on an "as needed" basis.

I'm writing two new Uttor books in tandem, Adored and Victory Portrait, because they share a timeline. In Adored, Adora is the more assertive character, quietly pursuing her man while Vallmer spends much of the book confused about what is going on because he came to Uttor planning to propose to someone else. It's up to her to change his mind in the face of disasters that get Vallmer thrown in prison and threaten to keep them apart. 

Victory Portrait is a love story between a victorious general and an enslaved prince from one of the countries he conquered. The general is Darius Arrento, a man so fearsome only his emperor can keep him in line... and the emperor wants him to sit for a portrait. Darius resistsuntil he sees the painter's assistant, a beautiful youth who sets his blood on fire. Readers of the series have already guessed that the enslaved prince is Peta Kordeun. That's himor at least the inspiration for himin the pic. The story was up on Literotica for a while as a short story, but is being expanded by 40,000 words to full novel length. 

That's a lot of writing. I'm going back to Uttor now...

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh!!! I'm so excited that you've gotten the writing bug! I've been dying to hear Adora's story and seriously can't wait to read it. I am also a big fan of Victory Portrait, so I'm super happy to hear that you're expanding this story!

    Uttor is, and probably always will be, one of my most favored fictional settings. Please hurry... Now I'm anxious!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm writing as fast as I can! The story really came together and I've just hit the part where everything goes to hell. :D

      Delete
  2. So excited for Adora's story! Hope the muse is with you! :D

    ReplyDelete