Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Thick As Thieves To Be Published

Some of you may remember Thick as Thieves, a fun story that started life as a Wednesday Brief before I pulled it at around 14,000 words. Well, I didn't just drop Vorgell and Madd. They went on to have a few more adventures and ended up the main characters in a novel.

Dreamspinner Press just picked up Thick as Thieves and the book will be published in ebook and in print in July/August this year. 

Am I dancing? Oh, yeah. It's hard to say who is dancing more, me or the poodle, who knows every time I dance she gets a treat.

I can't tell you how happy I am this book found a home. Vorgell and Madd are the funniest characters I've had the pleasure to follow around in ages. Writing their story was a blast and I hope readers enjoy them too.

The book has yet to go through editing and there's no official blurb just yet, but here's what I put in the query letter:

It’s lust on first sight when Vorgell the oversized barbarian gets thrown into a cell and sees Maddog, a young and pretty thief. But Vorgell really can’t help it—while starving in the woods he killed a unicorn, ate some magic berries, and fucked himself in the ass with the unicorn’s horn, a potent aphrodisiac. Now he’s perpetually erect and can’t stop thinking about sex. But he’s in luck…Madd is a male witch who knows exactly how to put Vorgell’s magical body to good use, and he tricks Vorgell into a kiss that gets them out of their dungeon.

Vorgell may desire sex in general and Madd in particular, but Madd has no intention of being screwed by a man twice his size. He’s dealing with problems of his own, most particularly an enchanted love collar that causes him to desire his most hated enemy. He wants the collar off…but that requires a basilisk egg currently being kept in the castle they just escaped. Drawn to each other by magic and lust, the two men agree to an alliance. Conniving circles of witches, wizards who breed fiends from their victims, sun virgins whose maidenheads incinerate any who penetrate them, and a baby basilisk all lend danger and fun to this tale of two men who just need to find some way to admit they really are perfect for each other.

Thanks to all the people who commented on the first chapters of Thick as Thieves! You guys letting me know you were enjoying the story played a part in bringing this book to life. I will have a special deal for you <wink> when the book is published.

11 comments:

  1. Hey, congrats for the publication... The summary make it sound awesome... It sure is original and I'll be keeping tracks...
    MC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) It will be interesting to see what readers make of this one.

      Delete
  2. Omg... I am so happy that you kept going on MADD and Vorgell's story!! I've missed those two. I will be keeping an eye out for it and can't wait to see how you've tweaked and added to it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All sorts of new material. You were one of the original commenters whose helpful feedback encouraged me to continue with the story. I'll make certain personally that you get a copy to read so you can see where it all went. :)

      Delete
    2. You rock :) I can't wait to read it. Madd and Vorgell are awesome and I've really missed their antics in the Wednesday Briefs!!

      Delete
  3. Gee great, ANOTHER Book I need to read. As if my list wasn't long enough already :P

    Congrats and Looking forward to it.

    AQG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, look on the bright side. The book's not coming out until summer. :)

      Delete
  4. I said it before but it bears repeating - mucho congratulations! I will be getting an autograph on that book at GRL lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And an autograph you will get, unless I get cold feet. But I suspect you won't allow that to happen. :)

      Delete
    2. Damn straight, I won't! It's really very simple. Take one pen, add one book, and voila! Autograph!

      :)

      Delete