Monday, December 10, 2012

What I'm Working On

Just an update on what I'm doing these days, because life is busy. Aside from dental work I really don't enjoy but actually need, and gift-buying I do enjoy, very much... I'm writing. Or doing things related to writing.

Last week I put the finishing touches on Thick as Thieves and the novel is now awaiting review by a publisher. It came in at 61,700 words. So now I'm crossing my fingers and moving on!


What's on my plate? Beta-reading for my wonderful friends and authors. That's right... this week I plan to bake cookies and read. It's scientifically proven that the smell of baking cookies makes one a better beta-reader. Hot chocolate is another great source of energy and holiday cheer. Yes... I am Mrs. Claus.

On the writing front, I'm continuing my blog story, Useful Things, at least to the end of the year. I need a big project, though, and I'm undecided what to write first. I should be writing Adora's story, but a part of me is drawn to expand Victory Portrait. I'm also excited about writing The River God's Daughter, set in the world of The Prince of Winds. There's another book for Vorgell and Madd. Oh, and there's a new series that's been talking to me and in 2013 I will stop shutting it out. So I've got plenty to keep me busy!

Hope you're all enjoying the holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment