Tuesday, December 11, 2012

BLMorticia on Writing about Manlove


I'm never quite sure which pen name will show up, but I always love a story and/or a visit by BLMorticia. If you're a visitor to her blog or just have seen her around, you know this gal speaks her mind! She's also offering a free holiday story she has available, so after you read her spirited essay and excerpt, be sure to peek at the end to find out where to get a little free holiday cheer. *wink*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Writing About Manlove



Women writing about men in love! Some people might find it strange that females love creating stories about hot men having sex and getting emotional but really, these days, it’s no longer uncommon to find a great deal of m/m authors who are not gay males. With some of the best writers, you’d never know this unless you knew them personally or they made it public knowledge.

Since I have no secrets, I confess, I’m a woman. *shrug*

I, Michael Mandrake/Rawiya/Blmorticia, write m/m in addition to m/f, m/m/f, m/f/m, ménage, group sex, and everything in between. As much as I love a great hetero tale, I enjoy m/m erotica romance the best. There’s just something more intriguing than the vanilla or as I call it “safe” kind of story. Even in this day and age when we should be more tolerant towards people’s sexual orientation, it’s still very much taboo to read or write about same sex copulation. That fact is really a shame but I won’t use this space as a soapbox.

What is it about men having sex that just gets me all hot and bothered? 

It is the thought of two rock hard bodies, sweaty, maybe a bit dirty, getting together. A kiss between two men when their tongues intertwine, their facial hair rubs against each other’s cheeks? The vision of two beautiful specimens enjoying a shower or even more sexy, a ménage or foursome, pleasuring one another with a hot session of fellatio or mutual masturbation.

You’re not hot yet? Well, if you’re a quote “macho man” or woman who’s not into that, fine, but truly, nothing inspires me more than dreaming of scenarios I most likely won’t be able to witness in person. Such is the reason I write about it because my imagination is chock full of ideas of what my ideal m/m relationship is. A hot and sweaty romp with some tension, emotion, and sometimes, even a happy ending.

So again, why do I write m/m stories? It’s arousing, it’s different, and right now, more people are interested in reading about the so called “left” side and as long as that happens, my-selves, along with my fellow male and female counterparts will be able to entertain the masses.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Nathan Ellerby and Lt. Bryant Duncan are at it again. This time, the narration shifts from Nathan to Bryant who’s looking to solidify his relationship with his favorite artist. The Lieutenant wants to take Nathan to visit his naval friends, his parents who still aren’t happy about his decision to come out, as well as his best friends bachelor party. Bryant refuses to hide his man from the masses and despite his man’s insistence on the unimportance of the matter, Bryant pushes on.

Excerpt
Due to our activities that lasted well into the morning, I skipped the jog at dawn to stay in bed. It had been a while since I’d done that and for the first time I didn’t regret it.
Like clockwork, I lifted my head up from the pillow and looked over at the digital display. “Damn.” Wincing, I felt the soreness in my legs and buttocks. I rubbed my neck and glanced at Nathan, sleeping on his stomach. “Babe, you want me to make breakfast?”
Not even turning over, he responded with a nod. “What are you makin’?”
“Whatever you want, sweets. We can have a light meal, or—”
The sound of the phone interrupted my statement. Again the hip hop ringtone meant Mike was calling. What for, I didn’t know, but because it was twice within the last twenty four hours…. I guess it might be important. “Hold that thought, hun.” I leaned down and pressed my lips against the small of his back while I grabbed the handset. “Hey.”
“Damn, you’re a hard man to catch up with. Why doncha pick up ya damn phone sometime?”
Surprised at that answer, I cocked an eyebrow. I had to put on my best Nathan impression. “Besides last night, I don’t recall the last time you called me. You haven’t exactly been blowin’ up my phone with well wishes in my new life.”
Nathan chuckled.
“I been busy, man. I got some important news for ya.”
“Yeah? What’s that?” I leaned against the headboard and Nathan shifted to lie on my chest. My morning wood stood proudly under the covers and he cupped my balls in his hands, distracting me from this conversation even further.
“I’m gettin’ married, man! Me and Jenea.”
“Whoa! Damn, man, congrats.” Jenea Strong was one of the gals that hung around us a lot as kids. Unbelievable the same tomboy that wanted nothing to do with Mike would now be taking his last name. “Dude, I wasn’t ready for that.” I glanced at Nathan who gave me a confused look.
“Yeah, I know. We been seein’ one another for quite a while now, tho. I’m havin’ a bachelor party, too. I wantcha to come man. The guys wanna see ya!”
“You sure about that? I mean, did ya let em know about me and my man?” I wanted to hear this one. Really I hoped he didn’t, because it had become fun for me to see people’s reactions to my sexuality.
“Naw, um… I haven’t and well, I kinda hoped you’d come alone, ya know? Not that I don’t like Nathan, but…”
What the fuck? “I’m sorry? Did I just hear you say what I thought you did? I’m not going anywhere without him, Mike. Not to the bachelor party, the wedding, nowhere.”
At the sound of that, Nathan stopped tracing my chest and looked up at me. He mouthed, “It’s okay.”
Frowning, I shook my head and gave him a stern look. “No, it’s not okay, baby. Mike, I’m not attending if Nathan isn’t invited. How could you say such a thing, man? Why would I want to come without him?”
“Well, damn man, wouldn’t he be uncomfortable there? I mean, there will be strippers and…”
I scoffed at that. “What? How do you know I won’t be uncomfortable? That’s the stupidest statement I’ve ever heard in my life.”
“How do you think so? You’re newly turned. It might not bother you as much as it does him.”
I’d never heard such an ignorant thing for anyone to say. I wanted so badly to hang up on him and tell him to kiss my ass. Still, this was my childhood friend and even if it meant missing his wedding and all the celebrations that went along with it, I wouldn’t be going without Nathan. “Look here, Mike. If you think I’m coming to the party or wedding without the love of my life, you’re sadly mistaken. Yeah, you’re my buddy and all, but I won’t keep my man under wraps because you can’t accept us as a couple. Give Jenea my regards and when you get some more sense, call me back.” The minute I finished, I pressed the disconnect button.
The nerve of him to ask me to go anywhere without Nathan.
Nathan got up and met my gaze. “You didn’t hafta do that, love. It isn’t that big of a deal.”
“Yeah, it is, babe. Again, here we go with the discrimination bit. If I had a girlfriend, this wouldn’t be an issue, but because I have a man…”
Nathan dragged his long finger over my chin. Trying to soothe me, he stroked the underside of my cock. “Well, we already spoke of this earlier, Bryant. It’s not the norm, so it freaks people out. They can’t get used to it or accept it.”
I drew up my lips at his response. “And you wanna add fuel to the fire by agreeing with him?”
“Only so you can attend your friend’s wedding, love. I’d hate to see you miss it because of something so small. You’ve got to give him a chance to accept us, just like you’ve given your Navy buddies.”
“I get that, love, but they aren’t my best friends either. Yeah, I care about them, but Mike and I have been pals since grammar school and Jenea was our running buddy so of course I wanna go, but I won’t if he doesn’t allow you to come.”
Nathan rolled his eyes and playfully smacked my chest. “God, you’re so pro gay, but I love it. Your transition has been better than I expected. Still, I don’t wanna come where I’m not wanted.”
“And if you’re not wanted, then neither am I. Pro gay huh?” I chuckled and lightly kissed his lips. “You’ve given me every reason to be proud, Nathan. I don’t think I would’ve had so much incentive to finally come out until I spotted you. I knew from the first moment I moved in this building I wanted to get to know you better, I just needed you to realize what I was after.”
Nathan hovered over me and rubbed his groin into mine. “And I did, eventually.”
Immediately, I wanted to forget that silly conversation and have sex. My nipples hardened under his touch and his heated gaze made me sweat. While I tried catching my breath, I blurted out, “Not without prodding and convincing…”
“You mean mind control,” he added and pressed into me again. He reached in between us and stroked both of our cocks in his palm. The moment his foreskin met mine, the pressure built in my midsection.
“And body, baby. You couldn’t resist me from the moment we locked eyes that night. I caught the fools that ransacked your place and you’re my reward.”
“So I’m your prize for doin’ somethin’ good?”
“I can almost go so far as to thank the fools for giving me an in…”
“Bryant!” He hit my chest.
“Ow…” I laughed and wrestled him onto his back. “I wouldn’t have come to you so easy without a reason, Nathan. I was a lil shy, plus I was newly over the fence. That robbery gave us a chance.”
“We would’ve met eventually.” Tightly, he gripped my neck and brought me closer.
“Not soon enough, babe.” Our lips locked and I explored his mouth with my tongue. “Let’s forget all about the conversation I just had and make love again, huh?”
“Sounds good to me, Bryant. I still say…”
“Noo… I’m not goin’ anywhere without you, okay? That’s final. I don’t care if Mike’s my friend. If he can’t accept you and me together than fuck him!”
“Ooh you’re sounding more like me every day, Lieutenant. I’ll make a more vulgar man outta you yet!”

Links




And out now, my free story featuring my fave hot couple. [Heads up... the Amazon link is NOT FREE.] But you can snag the freebie on Smashwords and AllRomance!


BLMorticia is currently a published writer with Naughty Nights Press and Rebel Ink Press. She entertains her readers with hot and smexy sex, humor, and lots of swear words. She attempts to incorporate metal music or the military in most of her works. Nothin’ sexier than metalheads or military servicemen and women! She also writes a biweekly column on Blak Rayne Books and blogs on the First Thursday of the month at NNP Blog. For more info, please visit, Erotica With Snark






4 comments:

  1. TY so much for having me. Sorry I'm late to say hi. I still appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we're in different time zones. :) Thank you for sharing your excerpt and that yummy holiday free read!

      Delete
  2. I really love the excerpt and the great interview. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Pat. :) I love this excerpt, too. Has a nice head of steam!

      Delete