Thursday, October 4, 2012

Feature and Follow

Okay, let's try this out...


Feature and Follow Friday is a blog hop hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read, each of whom feature a chosen blog for the week. It's an interesting way for bloggers to get to know one another and find other interesting people. We're all interesting, I think. :)

I will go back and follow everyone that comments and unless you tell me not to, I will try to follow you on Twitter as well.

Here are the rules to the blog hop! To join the fun and make new book blogger friends, just follow these simple rules:

· (Required) Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts: Parajunkee [HERE] and Alison Can Read [HERE]. You can find the rest of the participating bloggers in the lists on their blogs!

· (Required) Follow our Featured Bloggers.

· Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing on either Hosts blog. You can also grab the code if you would like to insert it into your posts.

· Grab the button from either Host and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say “hi” in your comments and that they are now following you.

· If you are using WordPress or another CMS that doesn’t have GFC (Google Friends Connect) state in your posts how you would like to be followed

· Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don’t just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don’t say “HI.”

· If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love… and the followers.


QUESTION

Q:  What do you hope to accomplish with your blog? Is it to one day become an author yourself, just for fun, maybe get some online attention, or maybe something very different?

A: I am an author, but my blog is for more than that. I like to talk to people, but don't know how. I'm shy... but my blog let's me come out of my shell a little. Though I promote my books, I take great pleasure in promoting fellow writers, talking about interesting things I learn during research, and sharing photos and some free flash reads with readers. Mostly I just like to meet new people and make friends. My blog is place where I can loosen up a little and have some fun while pursuing my first passion, which is writing. Thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

  1. I totally feel ya about coming out of your shell. I'm the same way--not always as social as I wish to be--but since I started developing an online presence, I feel like I'm much more confident and better about meeting people. :D Old follower. My FFs are at Musings on Fantasia and LKHill. Happy Friday!:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi stopping by from the PJ hop. I understand about coming out of your shell. It's always easier to do it behind an online persona. :D new follower
    please follow back here MY FF

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopping through. It's so much fun to have people to share things with. Especially since we all have so much in common.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, I'm not much of a talker away from the computer, but it's nice to have my own little personal space to put my thoughts into and have others read; it definitely helps give a confidence boost!

    New follower here. :)

    My FF @ Her Fiction Fix

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know, I didn't think of it before, but it's totally the same for me.. a little on the quiet side in the real world, but get me writing about books, and you can't get me to shut up! lol.. That and promoting ~ I love spreadin' the love of books too :) Great answer! *new follower*

    My FF

    Keely @ Realms of an Open Mind

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Tali :) Thank you for stopping by my FF post earlier, your post brought a bright smile to my face!

    I am following you back via e-mail. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blogging is a great way to come out of your shell and you've got a great one here. :)

    New Follower! My FF @ Pink Fluffy Hearts

    ReplyDelete
  8. *snort* and it helps to have a spastic friend who dragges you into all sorts of things hehehe. ;)


    MA Church
    http://machurch00.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I too like meeting new people who share my love of books. Not many of my friends actually read so my blog is a great outlet. I'm a new follower via GFC and would love for you to visit me whenever you get a chance.

    The Scarf Princess

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the header on your blog.. and the background I got a peep at before I was told this was for 18 and older! Way cool!! Thanks for stopping by my blog for the FF. I see that you write M/M novels. Not sure if you are apart of this group on goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/20149-m-m-romance
    but it is great and a wonderful community!! Happy Reading!
    Angie
    Angela's Anxious Life

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm shy too and this is great tool to break out of that I found. Never thought in my life I would email authors and stuff like that but I am doing it.

    New follower

    My FF

    ReplyDelete