Monday, August 20, 2012

Tentacles and a Free Book

Sorcerer's Knot is being released this week, on August 22, and there are so many things about this book that are special to me... but I'm pretty sure this is a book readers will either love or turn away from with a shudder. After all, it has...

Tentacle monsters.

When you know a book has tentacles in it, do you run from the room screaming for help? Snort and roll your eyes? Grin because tentacles always deliver the fun?

Well, it so happens Dreamspinner is releasing Sorcerer's Knot, and yes, it has tentacles. It also boasts a darn good story about an ambitious young wizard, the elusive sorcerer he has made his prey, and a mysterious island no one who sets foot on it can ever leave. The tentacles aren't the focus of the book. I wonder, though... will just the thought of creepy creatures scare readers away?

Want a free copy so you can find out for yourself? From now until 12 a.m. on August 27th, just leave a comment and email (so I can contact you if you win) at the end of this post and tell me how you feel about tentacles in your soup... er, fiction. In the comment, give me your thoughts on tentacles. If you want to leave a comment, but don't want the book because tentacles creep you out, just say so. I still want to know. :D  I will draw a winner by random on the morning of the 27th. 

Oh, and my thoughts on tentacles? Fun stuff in fiction... and I'll match my fork-wielding, calamari-munching South Philly Italian family against any squid!

16 comments:

  1. Another book so soon, my you are running through them. Tentacles are intriguing I think. Know I like to eat them ;)
    It's Regine again and my email is Buni.69@hotmail.com
    Congrats on the publishing deal ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're in, Regine! Yep, I like to eat tentacles, too. :) Haven't learned to cook them yet, though.

      Delete
  2. Love that you have another one so soon :) Tentacles can be very interesting... and I look forward to seeing them in this story! naughtycouture@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you'll see them. :) You know me, I like to describe things. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  3. Tentacles, huh? *g* I've watched a few Japanese anime where tentacles play an... ah... important role. (Oy, I can't believe I'm actually admitting this!).

    I'm really looking forward to "Sorcerer's Knot!" Best of luck with the release. -Shira

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'Tis true, I was influenced by a couple of yaoi manga. :) If it's unusual, I'm generally "Wow, look at that..." Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. I've read Nightime Wishes, that had an alien with tentacles. So, your story sounds interesting to me.
    strive4bst(At) yahoo(Dot) com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting fact... M and I originally wrote our stories for the same anthology! Vastly different stories from the call to use tentacles in a m/m story. :D

      Delete
  5. I don't mind tentacles at all. I enjoy seeing how imaginative the author can be when putting them to use :) I look forward to checking out the book! The 27th is my birthday so maybe I'll be lucky and win it :) If not I look forward to seeing what you did with those tentacles...
    Cannd
    (cden23@aol.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of my sons has his birthday on the 27th! Maybe that will bring you extra luck. :D And I had LOTS of fun with the tentacles.

      Delete
  6. I used to find tentacles to be disturbing until I read a yaoi about an incubus using them on his 'victim'...
    I am definitely going to read this book! :)
    - Melissa (xxsenshikaxx@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Melissa, you're in. I agree about the yaoi. Completely corrupted me. :)

      Delete
  7. Everything I've ever read of seen involving tentacles has either been really funny or really hot. Personally I'm fine with either. And if you really like tentacles in the yaoi genre Tali try Happy Yaoi Yum Yum by Yamila Abraham. She has a character called Trach the Tentacle Monster that appears in that book and a few others that her company Yaoi Press put out. Definitely worth a look. raerae104@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the recommendation, Rae! :) I'm totally in the funny or hot camp, because some of that tentacles sex can be, well, you know.... I'm going to write a funny tentacle story one of these days. Maybe with Vorgell and Madd. Yeah. Hmm... :D

      Delete
  8. This website is awesome, such lovely artwork!
    I'd not heard of you before, so it's great to find you via the hop.
    Tentacles? Dare I say they can be a turn-on? Well, the writing has to convince me of their place, but once done, oh my!

    Sue
    corieltauviqueen at yahoo.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sue! I buy books based on covers, so like to put some color on the site. And tentacles are versatile things: hot, creepy, funny... evil. :) A writer can do so much with them.

      Delete