Thursday, July 5, 2012

Lioness Art

A while ago I wrote a novella about a young woman who was handed over by a prophetess to be raised by a band of lion hunters. "Lioness" is one of my Uttor stories and Leya, the young woman in question, has quite an adventure as she discovers her surprising destiny. I'm planning to revise and expand the story into a full novel.

"Leya" by Elena Dudina

A few weeks ago I commissioned a wonderful artist, Elena Dudina, to create an illustration for "Lioness." It shows Leya and her mate, Velthur, about to embark on their journey to Uttor after the events of their meeting. In the story, I skipped over most parts of this journey, trying to keep the story small. Trouble is, it's not small. It's big. Leya and Velthur encounter a world of myths and danger, not to mention shadowy shape-shifting priestesses determined to keep Leya from reaching her destination.

"Lioness" is still up on Literotica, but I may be taking it down soon. Until then, enjoy, and enjoy this beautiful picture. I love it! What do you think?

6 comments:

  1. Wow Tali, that's beautiful! I love it. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elena does such lovely work. I'd commission illustrations for all my stories if I had enough money.

      Delete
  2. Amazing illustration!!! I loved that story... and am so happy to see you expanding it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! With the publication of Captive Hearts next month, I'm inspired to spend more time in Uttor. :D

      Delete
  3. That's beautiful Tali!! The colors and the clarity are spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) Color is one of the things I love about Elena's work and why I commissioned her. At least in my mind, my worlds are filled with color. I hope the artists who do my book covers will convey some of that. I haven't seen any of my cover art yet!

      Delete