1. His music rocks. I mean that literally.
2. "Someone to Pull the Trigger"
4. How can I not love a man who unwinds by making ceramics? I mean, look at this adorable cat. Yes, I own one.
5. Great smile and sense of humor. My husband and I always come away from a concert saying Matthew would make an awesome friend.
6. "I Thought I Knew You"
7. He has a tattoo of Lum Invader, one of the best anime characters ever.
8. "Under the Covers, Vol. 1 and 2" Hits of the '60s and '70s performed with Susanna Hoffs.
9. His full name is Sidney Matthew Sweet. So few Sidneys in the world today.
10. In his own words: "That's the kind of music I love: when an artist seems like they're really feeling something." And I always do.
Last night I was at the World Cafe in Philadelphia to experience Matthew and his band playing the Girlfriend album straight through. At the end, he added other songs from other albums, every one of them a gem. Of course I own all those albums, and love all those songs.
What a great night.