Monday, June 11, 2012

Captive Hearts

Yes, it's true! I'm dancing again!  Resplendence Publishing has accepted Captive Hearts, my male/female fantasy romance novel, for publication. It's scheduled for release in late August. That's right, just a couple months from now. Sometimes things move slowly, but for me right now they're moving very fast!

I couldn't be happier.  My first successes in trying to get my work published have been my gay male stories, so I focused there.  Still, I love my male-female couples just as much and looked patiently for a good home for Julissa and Gaspar's story. It may be pure escapism about a virginal princess who falls into the hands of an enemy and, of course, discovers great sex and saves an empire, but Jules also uncovers painful truths about her family and faith.

I'm hoping Resplendence will eventually be home to the other Uttor books.  I looked for a publisher who would accept gay male as well as male-female romances for this series.  A few of you know just how big a world Uttor is and the many kinds of stories it spawns. It's a world underpinned by lion-shifters and prescient Prophetesses.  But the core stories are about the people inhabiting that world, the power of passion, and the resilience of the human heart.

You can find an excerpt of Captive Hearts here.

One thing for sure: between Captive Hearts, Sorcerer's Knot and The Prince of Winds, I'm going to be rather busy from now until August!

11 comments:

  1. Oh my God... YAY!!! Congratulations! I, of course, cannot wait for this to be released! Uttor is amazing and Gaspar is still one of my favorite characters of all time!

    August can't come soon enough! I've missed this story not being up for me to read whenever I wanted. Guess that won't be a problem come August ;)

    BTW-- I also am SUPER excited about The Prince of Winds. Guess I have a lot to look forward to in the coming months!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gaspar is one of my favorites, too. :D I'm thrilled about getting this story published and hope readers will enjoy it. I get so much pleasure out of writing romances!

      Delete
  2. *Spins tali around* Yay!!! I'm sooooo happyy! I know what this means
    to you, and I just couldn't be more pleased. This story needs to be out there, be seen. :)

    Congrats Tali!

    ~M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, you do know what this means to me, don't you? ;) What can I say except that I love hot men in every possible way!

      Delete
  3. Big congrats, Tali! This is really cool! *g*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marshall. You've been wonderfully supportive all the way, and I look forward to both of us finding more readers!

      Delete
  4. Congratulations Tali. I absolutely adore your stories and was so sad when you took them off of Lit, but such is what happens when you publish. I'm wondering if you're going to be tying in Victory Portrait to any of your published Uttor stories. I loved Darius and Petra's story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love the chance to publish "Victory Portrait." That story has lots of room to be developed into a nice long novella. Darius was such great fun to write, this reserved, powerful man losing his heart to a beautiful youth.

      Delete