Monday, April 30, 2012

The Prince of Winds Takes Wing

Good news!  Dreamspinner Press will be publishing my gay male fantasy novella, The Prince of Winds!  The ebook will be out in September.  Can I dance around the room?  Can I?  Too late . . . I'm dancing!  This is the same publisher that will be releasing my novella, Sorcerer's Knot, later this summer.

I'm especially happy about Prince finding a good home because it was the first story in which I combined gay male erotic romance and my love for heroic fantasy-adventure.  My goal was to create a sense of wonder while building an exotic, magical world around my lovers: Rimmon and Melkor.

For those who didn't read the shorter version of this long novella during its brief stay on Literotica, here's the blurb from my query letter to the publisher:
Rimmon, a young warrior, finds himself on the losing end of a war.  Wounded and feverish, he and his eagle, Ayet, become captives of Melkor, a charming and mysterious enemy prince whose plans for Rimmon are decidedly sexual.  While healing his young captive, Melkor gives Rimmon his first kiss and his first sexual experiences—and the two form a passionate, gradually unfolding love threatened by the secrets each man withholds.

One of three demon brothers doomed by their mother’s curse to conquer the world and kill its gods, Melkor can command the winds, but not his own heart.  One of the gods has cursed him and his brothers to never be loved.  But Rimmon is Melkor’s perfect match and the Prince of Winds is determined to overcome any curse to win Rimmon’s heart.
This is such an exciting process and as I know more, I'll share it here first.  Look for meaty excerpts in coming weeks.  When the book is published, I'll make some free copies available here on the blog.  Until then, I'm dancing on this here cloud . . .

13 comments:

  1. Ahhhh! Yay! I'm so happy for you Tali, that's awesome. Congrats. *throws confetti* Can't wait to download it.

    XoXo Night

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh... I'm so excited!!!!!! CONGRATS!! I can't wait for it to get released. I will be downloading it *fist pump*! This was one of the first m/m stories I ever read and it's by far one of my favs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Your encouragement is one of the reasons I began submitting my stories to publishers. I added some scenes to the book, so at least you'll get some new material. :)

      Delete
    2. Now I really really can't wait!!!! I wish that September wasn't so far away!

      Delete
  3. That's amazing! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so HAPPY for you!!! That's two now, lol. ;)

    ~M

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations :) You HAVE to remind me when it's out. I HAVE to read this one. It's caught my imagination already :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'll remind you. :) I'll remind everybody. I really love this story and hope others will, too. Thanks!

      Delete
  6. Prince of Winds was one of the first m/m stories I ever read on Lit, and I absolutely loved it, going on to re-read it at least three times before you deleted it (much to my sorrow). I think it was the shy, trusting innocence of Rimmon being the only male survivor of his family and having to depend on Melkor, the sexy, brawny male with the soft heart who goes against his own brother to keep him safe. Knowing that the story will be expanded- wow! I will definitely be reading this book when it comes out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Readers really embraced these two characters. I'm hoping new readers will feel the same way. :)

      Delete