Wednesday, February 29, 2012

My Ego Knows No Bounds

I was reading on the physics of multiverses, which is the theoretical existence of multiple universes, which got me to thinking about how I might apply those principles to what almost every science fiction and fantasy writer does: the creation of alternate universes.  Admit it, that's the most fun a writer can have.

So I stopped to consider that my stories have a cosmology.  Readers may not detect it, but I know the Ibis universe is the exact same universe (just different locations in space) as the Triempery universe . . . but the Uttoran universe is not, it's distinct . . . though Uttor may be in the same universe as the Known Sky stories, which are definitely related to the universe of my latest story (tentacles!!!) and the Penumbra universe (unpublished).

None of them are spin-offs.  Each was conceived to be a separate universe.  But a funny thing about a writer's universes, they can tend to bleed into each other.  And that's because when you get right down to it, they all arise from the same Big Bang.

The writer.

Yep, that's me!  The Mistress of the Multiverse, the unifying principle, the center of everything.

1 comment:

  1. I love the worlds you create, oh Mistress of the Multiverse, lol. ;) I get lost in them every time.

    ~M

    ReplyDelete